July 20, 2011

Ally Carter Q&A

Yes, I know this has long been anticipated (probably) and I finally come to you with it!

Ally Carter's Q&A session! Videotaped, by me (which explains why it might be sideways...), with April at my side. After almost a month of toiling and trying to figure out Windows Live Movie Maker, I succeded into cutting up the long (too long for Youtube) video and uploading it onto Youtube.

And then it told me that they wouldn't upload due to unexpected error.

But we got the last couple questions on paper! And here they are:

Q: Will Kat [from Heist Society] and Cammie [from Gallagher Girls] ever meet?
A: I suppose they're from the same world, so I guess it's possible they could meet. Will they ever? No, but it is possible they could make a cameo apperance.

Q: Which series do you like most?
A: Ask your mother which child she more.

Q: Will the books ever be made into movies?
A: Maybe. Always a maybe. Hiest Society is under option at Warner Brothers.

[Update: Mega IMPORTANT movie update at Ally Carter's blog:http://allycarter.com/blog/heist-society-movie-news-0 ]

Q: Have you ever had writer's block? If so, how do you fix it?
A: Being a writer is equivilant to having writer's block. There are two types of writer's block:
1) The 'Oh my gosh I don't actually want to write' block
2) The 'Everything feels wrong' block which can be fixed by distracting oneself.

Q: Have you ever done NaNoWriMo [National November Writing Month]?
A: Yes. The first draft for "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You" was written during NaNoWriMo.

Q: Do you ever switch Kat and Cammie's voice?
A: No, but I was afraid I might, which is why Hiest Society is written in third person.

Q: Would you ever go back to writing adult fiction?
A: Most likely not.

Q: Can we expect a Hiest Society 3?
A: Probably.

UPDATE: The title for Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl #5 book has been released! Coming out March 20, 2012:

OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF TIME



You can read more about her newest book at this link: Here

Till next time:
Karina

3 comments:

  1. oooh, heist society the movie!? i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be so cool if some of the characters made cameo appearances in the other series! I love it when authors do that. And so excited for Out of Sight, Out of Time - thanks for the interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mad i love the books

    ReplyDelete