July 10, 2011

Once Upon A Read-A-Thon Updates!

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon


Pre-Readathon:

Hi guys! I (April) am participating in another read-a-thon, the Once Upon a Read-a-thon!  It's hosted by Reading Angel and lasts from July 11th to 13th (yeah I know, this post is late notice).  If you're interested you can sign up by clicking the button above or click HERE.

Now that summer school is over, I'll have more time to read! So here's a list of books I've had FOREVER and I plan on reading:

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
Vampire Beach by Alex Duval
Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
Emerald by M.L. Hamilton
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
We Hear the Dead by Dianne K. Salerni
Die For Me by Amy Plum
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter

I'll be crossing off books as I read them, and updating on my twitter @ramen_addict and this blog :)

Day 1:


So I actually didn't get much reading done today... but I managed to start Vampire Beach and Little Brother.  For some reason I'm kind of in a reading slump and decided to put them down and come back to them later.  And then at like 9 PM I decided to read First Grave on the Right and I was hooked!  Yes it's an adult book, but I loved all the snarky dialogue and especially the main character, Charley.  I'll definitely be picking up the 2nd book :) I'd probably recommend this book for people over 18 because of language, sexual content, all that jazz.  But that would be hypocritical of me since I'm 16... so I'll just recommend it for older teens :)





Day 2:

I finished Vampire Beach, which contains the first two books in the series, Bloodlust and Initiation.  It was an alright book, I wasn't amazed or anything.  I may read the 3rd book in the series if I come across it, but unless it has an interesting plot line, most likely not.

I'm not very good at this readathon thing, I'm only reading a book a day :(





Day 3:

So, I'm not very good at keeping on task... I decided to read Uncommon Criminals even though it's not on my list of books to read.  Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of Heist Society, but I thought Uncommon Criminals was a huge improvement :) I loved all the plot twists and there was more interaction between Kat and Hale.  Hale... <3 I was much more impressed with the heists in this book compared with the last book as well.

Beastmode.  Read 2 books in a day, fail. But glad I broke out of my a book a day thing I had going on.  I really enjoyed Die For Me though :) I like the idea of the revenants, because I don't think I've read them in a book before. But despite how much I liked it... I couldn't deny the Twilight-ness of it all.  Which isn't supposed to be a bad thing.  I know Twilight gets a lot of bashing, but personally I don't think there's anything wrong with Twilight.  Yes, you can argue it's not the best book in the world, but trust me, I've read worse.  Okay, rant over.  But seriously, I like the revenants idea and all the characters, so I will definitely be reading the next book in the series :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey April,
    I'll be participating, too! I'll be updating over at my blog and on twitter:

    www.remarkableteenreading.blogspot.com

    @RemarkableReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jessie Yay, I'll be sure to check out your updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incarceron is awesome, one of my favorite books ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mariella I've heard such good things about it! I'm so sad I didn't get to it, hopefully I'll read it at the next readathon or sometime when my TBR pile starts to cut down :)

    ReplyDelete