December 10, 2011

In My Mailbox (12)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by Kristi from The Story Siren where bloggers can share what books they've received and what they're planning on reviewing.
Lots of contemp in my mailbox!  For some reason I've been in a contemp-y mood so I really don't mind :)

Last Week:
Stick by Andrew Smith from Lena @Addicted 2 Novels
Without Tess by Marcella Pixley from Lena @Addicted 2 Novels



This week:
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson from Andrea @Aine's Realm
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson from Amanda @Maestra Amanda's Bookshelf
The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson from Amanda @Maestra Amanda's Bookshelf
Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John from Amanda @Maestra Amanda's Bookshelf



So, this week I went from owning 0 Maureen Johnson books, to owning 3 :)  I still have yet to read a Maureen Johnson book but hopefully I'll get to these soon.  (Yes I know, huge fail on my part.)  And I definitely squeed seeing Five Flavors of Dumb because it is one of my favorite books I've read this year!  And one of my favorite contemps of all time!

And by the way, I'm working on a review right now!  My first review in almost 6 months.  Yeah I know, what a fail.  The reviews for the past couple of months have all been written by the fabulous Karina.  So hopefully in the future I can find a balance between reviews and memes/randoms stuff.

That's it for my mailbox!  What did you get in your mailbox this week?

8 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read stick, gonna have to keep an eye out on your blog for the review later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books!! I will keep an eye out for some of these when they are out

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great IMM! I bought The Name of the Star and Five Flavors of Dumb recently, and I can't wait to dig into them. The 13 Little Blue Envelopes series is amazing. I hope you love it as much as I do. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got The Name of the Star this week as well. I might have to look into Five Flavors of Dumb. Great books this week!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen Johnson is an AMAZING author! The Name of the Star is near perfection and I loved the Little Blue Envelope series. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great IMM! I really enjoyed The Name of The Star!

    My IMM: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-18.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  7. Name of the Star is awesome I really enjoyed it. I also want to give 13 Little Blue Envelopes a try!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Without Tess looks pretty good.
    Hope to see your reviews soon.
    ~Cassandra & Book & Movie Dimension a Blog

    ReplyDelete