December 28, 2010

Review: Falling Under

Title: Falling Under
Author: Gwen Hayes

ARC book-to be released March 2011
paperback, 336 pages





Goodreads summary:



Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life, not allowed the same
freedom as the rest of the teenagers in the small California town of Serendipity
Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school,
she feels every urge she's ever denied burning through her at the slightest
glance from Haden Black. Theia knows she's seen Haden before-not around town,
but in her dreams.


Theia doesn't understand how she dreamed of Haden before they ever met,
but every night has them joined in a haunting world of eerie fantasy. And as the
Haden of both the night and the day beckons her forward one moment and pushes
her away the next, the only thing Teia knows for sure is that the incredible
pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear. And as she slowly
discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even
if the cost is her soul.




My review:

This book was actually pretty good, and yeah, I'm completely in love with it! (And the main guy :P)

In some ways, it was original. Yes it has your basic average girl likes above average boy who she's not supposed to like. For a moment I was afraid this was going to turn out like a certain vampire quartet (*coughtwilightcough*), but it did not and I was nothing but glad.

There are some parts that were not well written. Like when Theia figures out Haden's name. There really was not a clue that made us think that Theia somehow knew his name. I believe it was a sentence before that went something like: I had no idea what his name was. Yet, this could just be a part of the mystery of the book. Also, in a part of the book, Theia was one place in Under, and within the next paragraph she was some where else entirely in Under.

Though, this being an ARC book (which I recieved from Goodreads First Reads), I have to remember that there is still time to fix this, or maybe that's just how its supposed to be and I missed it.

But besides that, Falling Under was actually a really good book. Somehow it seemed more real than some books. I don't know if Serendipity Falls is real, but somehow it felt like all that happened in the book could actually happen. It made references to actual books, and to my enjoyment, a subtle reference (or made fun of) the teen book sensation about shiny vampires.

Would I recommend this book to anyone?

Why yes I would. I would love to have anyone who is slightly romantic, enjoys twists and spins or just needs a good read, to read Falling Under by Gwen Hayes, which officially comes out in March 2011.
Lucky for you, because now I have an extra 3 months of waiting to see what more Gwen Hayes comes up with for her book.

Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment