December 29, 2010

Review: I Am Number Four

Title: I Am Number Four
Author: Pittaucs Lore
Pages: 440
Hardcover, HaperCollins publishing

Goodreads Summary:
In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.

My Review:

Wow. Considering I tend to stay away from books on aliens, this is amazing!

I will admit, I only started reading it because it was being made into a movie with my all time favorite actor, Alex Pettyfer. But once I started reading it, it didnt' really matter.

The story lines begins basic, new boy falls in love with popular girl and befriends a nerd/loser. But the twists the story line is what makes it so great. I will admit though, the character's seem to have sort of dull personalites, and the relationship is ofcourse fluffy, yet somehow unrealistic due to their ages. (Lets just say that normal teenagers tend to get more hormonal than these two did through out the entire series book.)

I'm not sure how Lore will go on writing this, as John or as another number, but as of finishing the book, I could go with either one. I'm not say the writing was bad, it wasn't, but it wasn't something amazing. I think the thing that really makes this book shine is its plot. The plot is amazing!

But even so, this book is totally worth reading, and trust me, the ending is nothing but simply the begining.

-Karina

1 comment:

  1. I was really sad to hear that the author whose name is on this book used like an "author factory" where some other guy got 300 bucks to write it plus a small percentage of sales but has zero rights to his own book and gets no credit. How lame is that? The author just put his famous name on something that wasn't his. talk about lazy.

    On the other hand, I still liked the book. And I have to agree with you about Alex Pettyfer's phenom-ness too. I can't wait to see him in Beastly (still haven't read that one). I also think he should be Jace in City of Bones. :)

    ReplyDelete