August 20, 2011

In My Mailbox (6)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by Kristi from The Story Siren where bloggers can share what books they've received and what they're planning on reviewing.

So... It's been what, a month?  Sorry for the suckish lack of posts on my part guys :(  So... this week, you get a 3 weeks in one IMM!  If that makes any sense at all.  And you are free to throw rocks at me for not posting a review yesterday... *cries in shame* The reason why I posted an IMM instead of a review is because they take less time to make and for some reason I'm much more focused when I write them up. 

2 weeks ago...

Won:
Family by Micol Ostow
What Would My Cell Phone Do by Micol Ostow from Smart Pop YA and Micol Ostow
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions (anthology) from Jessi @The Elliott Review
Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen from Lulu @
The Bookworm is Here!
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab *signed* from Irish @Ticket to Anywhere

Clarity by Kim Harrington *signed* from I'm sorry, I really can't figure out who I got this from!  But thank you anyways!


Bought:

So, it was around this time that I bought my books for school (no, I didn't include them here, I thought you guys probably wouldn't care what they were haha), and I didn't have time to read these pretties... I've started Enthralled and The Monstrumologist, but I'm going to have to put them on hold for a while...  hopefully I'll be able to read them in 2 weeks?  

Psssttt you guys should definitely check out The Monstrumologist, it won a freakin' Michael Printz award and is good so far.  Was almost discontinued by Simon and Schuster because of lack of sales, but now they're going to publish the fourth book because of the awesome fans who fought for this series.   

Last week...
Won:
City of Bones *signed*, 
City of Ashes *signed*, 
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare *signed* from Kimberly @In the Outhouse
Tighter by Adele Griffin *signed* from Melissa @Mel's Books and Info and
Adele Griffin 

Gifted: 
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment
Maximum Ride: School's Out-Forever by James Patterson from Alice, my friend who is moving to Australia and couldn't bring these with her :(


So excited when I saw the TMI books, like you have no idea.  Love this series but I don't own any of the books.  Same with the Maximum Ride books, I was obsessed with these books in 6th grade, and have been reading them ever since.  Although I really think it should have ended with the 3rd book.  Anyways, I'm glad that I'm finally able to put these pretties on my bookshelf now.  I was also excited to see Tighter, which I've been wanting to read for a while now.  The author even wrote me a card, and OMG she has the prettiest handwriting!  I should have took a picture... She wrote my name on the bubble mailer and I swear, my name has never looked so pretty.

This week...

Won: 
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
,
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab (this is an ARC, which we're giving away HERE!),
Sweep (Volume I) by Cate Tiernan and neat-o swag from Tara @
Hobbitsies
Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer from Heather Anastasiu 

Words cannot describe my love for Hex Hall.  As of now, my favorite book I've read in 2011.  Yeah, I've only read about thirty something, but easily my favorite.  So I'm extremely excited to finally own a copy. :) I got a second copy of The Near Witch, so gonna give it away as a part of Karina's Birthday Giveaway, along with Beauty Queens and an ARC of Shut Out!  You know I definitely don't have time to read when I can't even read Wolfsbane, which I've been DYING to read since Nightshade came out.


And some neat-o swag I got!


From Starcrossed Trilogy on twitter
from Tara @Hobbitsies













So, what did you get in your mailbox this week? :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a ton of books. I really want to read clarity. I almost picked it up last weekend. Maybe this week. :)

    I loved the tmi books as well. For a minute I had to think about what u meant. " to much information." Then I realized. A duh moment. That's awesome u have them now, and signed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. I really can't wait to read/buy The Near Witch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luck was on your side this month with the giveaways! I want to check out Family sometime soon. Loved The Near Witch- hope you enjoy it.
    Enjoy all your great books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mortal instruments series!!! Signed!!! OMG! Lucky Girl. Those books are amazing. Happy reading! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want Clarity and The Near Witch so I'm very jealous of these books!

    New follower

    Here's My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love it that I'm seeing Rick Yancey's books in people's IMM posts this week! I'm glad that you're liking it and I'm looking forward to your review. Here's what I got this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. new follower :)

    Wow you got some awesome books this week!!
    Happy reading :)

    check out my in my mailbox!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! you got alot of good stuff! I've been meaning to get around to reading Clarity!

    Check out Em's IMM!
    Also, check out our giveaway of Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor!

    ReplyDelete