November 10, 2011

Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)
Title: Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Pages: 386
Publishers: Scholastic Press, Hardcover

Goodreads Summarry:
The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

My Review:

An end to a marvelous series.

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater is the epic conclusion to the Wolves of Mercy Falls series.

Forever is a tempting book. I read it in spurts between homework, school and application writing because after each read it just left me renergized! This book is an emotional rollercoster, espcially near the end. I can not tell you how many times I was just holding my breath and waiting to see what would happen. The characters are as lovable and the story is as enrapturing as before. I'm sad to see the end to the series.

At the beginning, I thought it was going a bit slow, but I didn't think too much of it. Maggie Stiefvater is a wonderful author and writer and I knew she wasn't going to let me down. I don't enjoy many books that are in multiple POVs, but this is just perfect! You get into the mindset of each character and learn their fears and secrets. You see their love at first hand and it just makes you bond with the characters even more.

The story ties up nicely, answering questions and finishing things unsaid in the last books. It does what every book does, giving each character their deserved ending. Of course, not before sacrafices are made.

I just wish we knew in more detail about the wolves and the ending. Which ones?! I want to know, even though I have to believe, that Cole was right in the end.

Oh my gosh! Cole! He's such a great character! You learn his story and get to know him so much better in this book that by the end you have to say "oh Cole" with a smile.

Forever is the perfect way to end the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, and I'm just slightly saddened that this is the end of Sam and Grace and the rest of the characters.

Rating: 4.23/5

Overall:

Do I love this book? Maybe. It's really good and I know I'll most likely be reading it again.

Would I reccomend it to others? Yes! Why wouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment