November 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (1) And Mini Update

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and Bookish blog!

Hello.  My name's April!  I'm today's guest blogge-- oh wait.  I'm a regular blogger.  That hasn't posted a review since July.  Yeah, me again.

I know Tuesday's almost over... but I saw that today was a pretty fun topic and decided I should join in :)  So here are the top ten books I've had on my shelf for a long while...

These books aren't YEARS old, since I've only started receiving more books than I could read for a year (when I discovered book blogs).  Before, my bookshelf was pretty sad... It was about 2 and half shelves, with one full shelf devoted to picture books and Magic Tree House...  I couldn't fathom how people had books in their bookshelf they had never read since I always immediately read a book I bought (which rarely happened).  Now I understand.

1.  The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
I have all the books combined into one handy dandy volume... and it's been sitting in my room for at least a year.  I've seen the movies (except Dawn Treader) and love them!  Even my brother, who's not a big reader, has read all of them.  And I know Karina's obsessed with the series... I've just never really gotten around to it.   But I shall!  One day...

2.  Vanish by Sophie Jordan
For the people who have read Firelight, you know it had a huge cliffhanger... and I've been DYING to know what happens.... I just haven't gotten around to reading this one yet :(  But soon my precious...

3.  Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
I can only think of 3 or 4 werewolf books I've read... but Nightshade is easily my favorite.  One of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE books in general of 2010, and I was dying to read the sequel... until I hit the grand reading slump of July.  I blame True Blood and school.  And I recently learned Bloodrose (the 3rd book) comes out in January... #weeps

4.  The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
I even have two copies of this book... I definitely stalked the author over the summer... the copy I'm keeping for myself is signed... I just never got to it :(

5.  Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Again, bad timing... ahhh most of these are because of bad timing. :(

6.  A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
Again, this book came out at a bad time for me... I've heard good things about it...especially about the love interest.  *cough*

7.  Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
I'm pretty sure I even had two copies of this book... alas.  More bad timing.

8.  Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
I've had this book since last September... roughly around the time where I actually started winning some book giveaways.  I'm not a big fan of contemporary, not that I don't read it, it's just hard for me to fall in love with a contemporary book. One of these days I'm going to force myself to read all of the realistic fiction and contemps in bookshelf *gulps*.

9.  We Hear the Dead by Dianne Salerni
I remember I really wanted to read this book from visiting the author's blog last year.  It was one of the first author blogs I ever visited and I loved how personal authors got with their readers, one of the biggest reasons I joined twitter and visit author blogs :)

10. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
Like I said before, I'm not a big contemporary reader... but it's pretty embarrassing that I've only read one John Green book and zero David Levithan books... hopefully I'll fix that with this book :)

These are the book actually on my bookshelf... the ones that I have not read that aren't on my bookshelf are kinda sad... *cough City of Fallen Angels cough*  I was trying to vote for a Goodreads award book and realized I've only read one book that came out the second half of this year.  BUT right now I'm reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, and yes, it is excellent!  You can check out Karina's review here.

Thank you to Karina and readers who have been putting up with my reading slump, social slump, and slumpy slumps for the past few months.  I'll try my best to post at least once a week, but I'm not exactly sure of my reviewing schedule... I don't know if I'll read books specifically for review anymore because honestly it sucks the joy out of reviewing for me when I have to.  And sometimes I really don't have anything to say about a book.  Okay, that's all, sorry again for being a fail blogger.  I'll try to start posting more often from now on!

1 comment:

  1. Great TBR list. Some I haven't heard of because I'm a loser like that. I'm also WAY behind.

    ReplyDelete