January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (2)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and Bookish blog!
This week's topic is authors you wish would write another book.  Whether they're on hiatus, debut authors, or classic authors who you wish wrote another book before they died. :)

If it turns out any of these authors are still writings books, please let me know! :)

Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book:

1.  J.K. Rowling
I know she has made enough money off Harry Potter to build a house out of money, cover the furniture in money, and swim in her swimming pool made out of money.  And she has technically worked on things like Pottermore, Beedle the Bard, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and other things.  I have this conspiracy theory where I think she is writing a new book with all her writing tweets.  Or I'm just a little optimistic.

*Edit* I've been informed that she is working on an adult book, and possibly a children's book in the future :)

2. Suzanne Collins
I once noticed her Gregor the Overlander books in the library in the kids section and got really excited, I may have to read them for myself someday.  But I'm crossing my fingers she'll write another YA book someday :)

3. Kristin Cashore

Yes, Bitterblue is coming out May 1st this year... which I am super excited for.  I've heard nothing but good things about it :)  But I'm really hoping she's planning on writing more books after The Seven Kingdoms series ends.

4. The Brontë Sisters

See, I even used the fancy ë for you guys.  Admittedly, I haven't read any of Anne's books, but I wanted to include her.  I really heart Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre, so how cool would it be if they could rise from the dead and write more?  Especially Emily since Wuthering Heights was her only book I believe. #zombieauthors

5. Jane Austen

Yeah, lots of girly classic literature going on here... but how awesome would it be if she wrote more books? And yes, for all these classic authors, I admit I haven't read all their books... but when I do... I will be sad there are no more :(  Unless... #zombieauthors

6. John Steinbeck

For some reason a lot of people I know don't like him, but I've really enjoyed his works he's written that I've already read (The Pearl, Of Mice and Men, East of Eden).  (I'm literally the only person I know who enjoyed The Pearl).  He has a lot more stuff that he's written that I haven't read, but I really enjoyed East of Eden which he wrote towards the end of his life, so I'm just curious what else he could've written.

7. Mark Twain
So the only book I've read from him is Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and a couple short pieces/essays... but I think he is one of America's most hilarious authors, and I really like satire in general. :) I also would really like for him to rewrite the ending of Huck Finn... all I could think was, what the huck?! #cheesypuns #zombieauthors #promiseimdone

8. Cassandra Clare
This one is a little different.  Cassandra Clare definitely has plenty of books lined up for a good couple of years.  While I love The Mortal Instruments series, and I thought The Internal Devices was a cool spinoff, The Dark Artifices seems like... too much.  I would LOVE it if Clare wrote a new book outside of the shadowhunter world, as much as I will miss them.  I've read her short stories in anthologies like Geektastic and Zombies vs. Unicorns so I'm curious about what else she can do. :)

Sorry I could only come up with 8 :P If I think of more, I'll add them later!

4 comments:

  1. It would be nice if we could have had more from those classic authors. nice list. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically I enjoyed The Pearl but haven't liked any of Steinbeck's other work! Good list - I especially agree on the classic authors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be great if Suzanne Collins wrote another book soon! I'd love to read something NEW by her!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big Steinbeck fan too, my favorite is East of Eden.

    ReplyDelete