March 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (4)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Crewel (Crewel World #1) by Gennifer Albin
Publication: October 16th, 2012 by Farrar, Strauss and Giroux Books for Young
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Fantasy
Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.

Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back.
I don't think I've seen any reviews for this one yet... but I'm in love with the cover and the synopsis!  I can't wait for October :D

What are your thoughts?  Are you excited for this book as well?  :)

8 comments:

  1. never heard of this, but sounds interesting

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-37-such-rush-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anybody has read this book, so no reviews yet! :D Soon, though, and I hope it gets on NetGalley soon! Really can't wait to read this one, it sounds AMAZING and high staked. :D

    My WOW, plus if you are a middle grade lover, be sure to check out my giveaway for a signed copy of NEVERSINK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! wow this book sounds awesome! This story seems to have something unusual ! Nice pick, here's mine:
    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book does sound interesting. I will have to add it to my TBR shelf.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh this is the second time I've seen this one today, but I've never heard of it before. The cover is so cool though! Great choice :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Third time I'm seeing this today, I think! Wow!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEED THIS. *runs around Waterstones for 7 months*

    (New Follower)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first time I've seen this book. It sounds really interesting and the cover is gorgeous!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete